Purpose of the role
This position is an incredibly important part of the studio fabric, as it ensures that DesignStudio NYC is a tidy, well curated and enjoyable working environment with a specific focus on inclusion and community engagement, proactively making improvements to the physical studio space and providing receptionist duties when relevant.
- Helps on-board and partnering with interior design agency on design and fit out of studio.
- Liaises with building management where relevant.
- Oversees reception, answering the mainline phone, front door, taking receipt of deliveries, and ensuring all visitors are warmly welcomed.
- Ensures all studio visitors have signed an NDA.
- Acts as the first line of response for Studio Out of Hours.
- Manages the studio’s relationship with office utility suppliers and cleaners.
- Keeps the studio tidy and well-maintained including meeting rooms, breakout areas and kitchen. This includes cleaning away meeting rooms after meetings have finished, putting the dishwasher on and emptying it throughout the day, and generally keeping an eye on the studio.
- Maintains office supplies – cleaning materials, stationery and groceries, ensuring we are getting competitive costs from suppliers.
- Arranges and oversees repairs and refurbishment of premises as required.
- Assists in coordination and purchasing of IT and tech equipment.
- Maintains Health and Safety standards/policies with a specific focus on COVID cleaning protocols.
- Acts as Fire Warden and First Aider.
People & Culture
- Supports with arranging company events including exhibitions and parties. Assists in planning and purchasing of employee gifts e.g. birthdays, work anniversaries etc.
- Works closely with talent and studio leadership on ongoing DE&I activities such as training, celebrations and community events.
- Proactively works towards improving staff well-being and culture in every way.
- Assists the Group HR & People Manager and Resource Manager where needed.
- Organises all travel booking, ensuring relevant insurances and visas are arranged.
- Helps book meetings, offsite activities, venues etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Exceptional customer service.
- An eye for detail and a passion for design and creativity, specifically around spaces and environments.
- Experience in an organisational role where effective multitasking is key.
- Ability to demonstrate, with examples, of proactively improving processes and working environments.
- Prior experience coordinating community events and programming.
Personal attributes, skills and competencies
- Friendly, enthusiastic and able to think proactively.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Delivery focused i.e. you can make things happen, even with time constraints.
- Quick to learn and ability to think on your feet.
- Familiar with Mac OS, Slack, and Google suite.
- Well–organised and able to prioritise tasks.
- Presentable and professional at all times.